Methods of funding services:
- Qualify for one of the many Louisiana Waiver programs for intellectually and developmentally disabled, as well as the aging. Service for intellectually and developmentally disabled are available for children and adults. Those seeking help in qualifying for the right waiver can contact us for assistance.
- Private insurance companies have authorized services via Long Term Care Insurance policies, injuries due to Workers Compensation injuries and some medical conditions. SI will be glad to discuss your situation and any insurance options you may have.
- Private pay options are available for all services covered on this website. The family sets the agenda and picks the services they want and need. The family is invoiced and payment comes from the family.
Benefits of private pay through SI versus hiring your own worker
All Staff of Southern Ingenuity receives benefits and supports that if not present create liability and can have legal ramifications on the family if paying people directly without the assistance of a provider:
Southern Ingenuity, Inc. takes care of:
- Social Security payments calculated and paid on time
- Workers Compensation Benefits provided assuring no legal issues for the family if the worker sustains an injury because of service provision
- Un-owned and operated vehicle coverage when staff is transporting the consumer in their community.
- Assuring a qualified trained replacement is available when emergencies arise in a staff person’s life
- Scheduling Staff to the families requests
- Assurance and oversight by the State of Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals in regards to automobile insurance for the workers car
- Sexual misconduct insurance for both the consumer and staff are provided
Other Staff Benefits include:
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Time and a half for holidays worked
- Sick Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- 24 hour on call back up
For more information about any of the services on our website, please contact us at (877) 627-5046 ext. 108